Company History

Kilgore Flares Company, LLC was founded in Westerville, OH in 1920 and has been associated with pyrotechnics throughout its 90 year existence. During World War II, Kilgore became a key Department of Defense Ordnance Manufacturer.

Kilgore relocated to Toone, TN in1960, where we utilize a 264 acre main production site and an additional 242 acre test site.

Kilgore was acquired in 2001 by Chemring Group PLC, a British company with operations throughout the World.


Back to top